Friday, June 20, 2008

Lexie's First Boo-Boo

I am upstairs on my computer checking my e-mail when I hear Lexie screaming and Jacob saying, "I didn't mean to!" Well, if you are a Mother - these are all things you do not want to hear, especially together. I book it downstairs. I mean book it. One look at Lexie and at first sight it just appears that she is crying.

Until the blood begins to stream out of her nose.

Me: "Jacob! WHAT HAPPENED?"

Me: Trying DESPERATELY to stay calm

Jacob: "She fell against the chair and as I was trying to help her up I hit her head against the chair!"

I rush her to the bathroom where I quickly soak a washcloth with water. All the while trying to figure where the blood is coming from (it is now all over her face and my shoulder). I remembered his saying her head was hit, so I was so confused as to why her nose was bleeding.
After using compression against her nose with the wet washcloths for just a few seconds, she was fine. I held my composure with Jacob (Thank You, Jesus) and allowed him to explain what happened. Jacob was, as he usually is, just helping his baby sister and happened to hit her face on the chair while picking her up off the ground where she had fallen frontwards from a sitting position. She is totally fine. Jacob was scared, but totally fine. Me? AHHH!! I was SO TERRIFED to see my sweet, darling, baby girl with blood, but yes, I'm fine.. :)

No comments: